Photographer: Anthony Price
Model/Makeup Artist/Hair Stylist: Alyssa Cronin
Wardrobe Credits: 1
1. Ribbed Sweater – Charlotte Russe Accessories – Hot Topic
2. Tarot Lovers Shirt – Mortus Viventi Sunglasses – Oriental Drift Bag -Vincelli Bra – H&M Fish nets – Hot Topic
3. Tarot Lovers Shirt – Mortus Viventi Sunglasses – Oriental Drift Bag -Vincelli Bra – H&M Fish nets – Hot Topic Umbrella – Totes
4. Nude tights -George Nude Heels – Nine West Corduroy Skirt -SHEIN Vintage body suit Olga Plaid Flannel from Croft & Barrow Silver necklace with pendant – Kohl’s
5. Pearls – were her mother’s Jacket is Knit Works from Kohl’s White body suit American Apparel Stripped swim bottoms American Apparel Red heels Girl Madden by Steve Madden
6. Pearls – were her Grandmother’s Jacket is Knit Works from Kohl’s White body suit American Apparel Stripped swim bottoms American Apparel Red heels Girl Madden by Steve Madden
7. Red Heels Girl Madden by Steve Madden Pants -Hollister Body suit – H&M Chain Belt – thrifted Leather Jacket – Charlotte Russe D.I.Y
8. Dangle earring are handmade by Kelsi Metz – Etsy Top -lady love boutique Gold chain belt – bought from Depop Whit shorts – Hollister Sunflower glasses – Depop
9. Shirt – Alleson Athletic Shorts – vintage LEI Shoes – Charlotte Russe Backpack – Vinicelli
10. RIbbed Charlotte Russe sweater Skirt Dazcos Hot topic tights Baby doll shoes Predictions
“Excuse my beauty.” But no really. Pardon the pretty.
The inspiration for the editorial “ Excuse My Beauty” was hearing a proud trans women say those words. The editorial embodies more of an attitude or an air of confidence that comes with unapologetically being true to yourself, accepting your flaws and loving yourself proudly even when people may treat you like you are inherently flawed.
The outfits pictured here were styled for the model to truly arrive to any occasion presented to her. From conservative to cool, and from casual to chic. She wants you to excuse her beauty, but she’s not really sorry. She came to serve looks.
The first and last images feature the most modest and conservative of the looks, classic yet refined. She could be going to school, but her plaid skirts a little too short, and the fishnets are, well fishnets of course. She has a conservative air about her but don’t be fooled, she’s not going to an invite only event with a strict dress code, but she’s still not telling you where she’s going, it’s just to make her more alluring.
She sees the world through rose colored glasses ( or circular red ones)
The second and third image features one of my favorite looks from set. This look features a tarot inspired over-sized tank top worn as a dress, with a D.I.Y fishnet crop shirt underneath and red circle shades as a statement accessory. A clear plastic veil ( seen in the third image) is added to create a sexy look at me while standoffish vibe that is so necessary right now during quarantine.
The fourth look features a nude body suit, copper corduroy high waisted skirt, nude tights, nude heels and an oversized plaid button up. This look combines different materials to create something more casual yet refined and enticing. “High heels are not for nature walks” but not when fashion is second nature darling.
Everyone has settled in, and she is just arriving. The fifth and sixth images combine garments from different seasons and simple accessories and layering to create a moment that’s chic across the board. Here the model is wearing an American Apparel multicolored striped swimsuit, with a white body suit also from American Apparel paired with her mother’s pearls, red circle shades and a faux fur jacket from knit works. This look is high glamour. Remember, it’s all about fashion not function darling.
The seventh image features the model in a mostly monochromatic look, combining a black lace bodysuit with a D.I.Y thrifted cropped leather jacket, black ripped Hollister jeans, and red heels from Steve Madden . This look pays homage to Grease yet modernizes it in away that feels right for this decade.
Day dreams have never looked so good. The eighth image features the model in a more casual bohemian relaxed look, wearing a copper crop top, white shorts, gold chain belt and sunflower glasses as the statement piece.
“ I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours.”- anonymous
The ninth image features the model in Lei high waisted shorts and a black Allison athletic jersey combined with Charlotte Russe shoes and a mini black backpack For a more casual athletic look or athleisure look.
Feel empowered to play with your closet, mix n match textures and fabrics, mix n match seasonal items, and dress so you also feel unapologetically yourself, which will give you that air of confidence, so your inner and outer beauty can really shine. So not only will people recognize your beauty, they’ll be forced to excuse your beauty.
Fashion Editorial: EXCUSE MY BEAUTY
AVAILABLE FOR PRINT – 2 COPIES
Full Color, Glossy Finish – 8.5×11 INCHES
Additional Prints $10 Each
Free Shipping in the USA, $10 International Shipping
CLICK HERE TO ORDER