- Photographer & Stylist: Matthew Gianoulis
- Hair Designer: Rhiannon Jeffery
- Makeup Artist: Kristin Martin
- Designer: Addison Bailey
- Jewelry: Kailis Jewelry, Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen
The inspiration for ‘Ethereal Wilderness’ came from the mysterious depths of the teams imaginations and their desire to create a moody, dream-like fairy-tale editorial. Playing with rich textures, couture fabrics, deep shadows, vintage furniture and taxidermy birds, the editorial adopted a dark, sensual, daydream state of reality. The models femininity has been accentuated with the bespoke gowns creating a balance between elegant class and fierce rebellion of styling.
Ruth Groundwater, the designer for Addison Bailey Collection put everything on the line to make her dreams a reality. Ruth’s inspiration came from the beauty of the female form and wanted every woman who wears her gowns to feel confident and to bring forth their inner beauty. The fabrics and cut of each gown have been individually hand crafted to create the best possible fit and finish possible. Even as a child Ruth’s mother said she adored rich textures, and that is why she was drawn to lace, velvet, beading, feathers and drape silks.
The photographer for the shoot, Matthew Gianoulis, worked closely with the creative team and especially the designer to create and design the overall look of the photo shoot. Taking direct inspiration from the designer’s gowns, he created a whimsical and dark fairy-tale scene in which the models could come to life. Reclaimed timber floorboards, a hand painted backdrop, elaborate props and a smoke machine all helped create an ethereal scene which brought the whole shoot together and enhanced the beauty of the gowns, hair and makeup.
Rhiannon Jeffery, the lead hair stylist for ‘Ethereal Wilderness’ took her inspiration from childhood fairy-tales. All of the characters from her adolescence; princesses, queens and villains all held their own individual beauty and confidence. Always taking note of how their gowns flowed, the fabrics used and how their hair was styled, Rhiannon combined these elements into her own style to give it modern life. The hair consisted of elaborate Victorian-esque style up-dos which combined teasing with contemporary hair styling techniques to create styles which were both wild and fairy-tale like.
Following on from Ruth’s desire to create gowns women look and feel beautiful in, Kristin Martin, our makeup artist, decided to create a modern take on vintage style makeup. Elegance, allure and glamour is the essence of vintage makeup and these classic looks never go out of fashion and can be worn by any woman. A more soft, polished and ethereal look using cool taupe tones on the eyes and neutral pinks on the lips, as seen on the Bridal pieces, plays to the collections romantic and whimsical side. Then in contrast, a more dramatic yet sophisticated look with dark Smokey eyes and deep berry reds on the lips, as seen on the collections statement pieces, to show a more mysterious and alluring side of a woman’s inner beauty.
In all, the shoot could not be what it is without the combined input of all the creative’s involved. Every piece fit together like a perfect puzzle to create a memorable fashion editorial with a mystifying and graceful feel.
- LOOK1,2: Model COURTNEY MILES, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery KAILIS JEWELLERY
- LOOK3: Model EMMA SPARKS, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN
- LOOK4: Model TAYLOR BRUNTON, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery KAILIS JEWELLERY
- LOOK5: Model ALANA BULLICK, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN
- LOOK6: Model ALANA BULLICK, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN, Shoes MODELS OWN
- LOOK7: Model COURTNEY MILES, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN
- LOOK8: Model COURTNEY MILES, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN, Shoes MODELS OWN
- LOOK9: Model EMMA SPARKS, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery KAILIS JEWELLERY
- LOOK10: Model LAUREN MCGEACHIN, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery KAILIS JEWELLERY
- LOOK11: Model (LR) TAYLOR BRUNTON, COURTNEY MILES, ALANA BULLICK, LAUREN MCGEACHIN, EMMA SPARKS, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery KAILIS JEWELLERY & OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN
- LOOK12: Model ALANA BULLICK, Dress ADDISON BAILEY, Jewellery KAILIS JEWELLERY